By Lacey Newlin
Lucky Charms Rice Krispies Treats
Yield: 15-20 bars
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 cups of soft marshmallows or 1 jar of marshmallow creme
- 5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- green food coloring (optional, it takes a lot of food coloring to turn them green)
- approximately 3/4 cup of Lucky Charm’s marshmallows (measured prior to melting butter)
Melt butter over low heat until completely melted. Gradually add marshmallows or creme and stir often to avoid burning them. When marshmallow/butter mixture is completely melted, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and your green food coloring if you choose and mix well.
Remove from heat and stir in your Rice Krispie cereal. Once mixture is mostly combined, stir in the Lucky Charm’s marshmallows and spread in greased 9×13 inch pan. Use wax paper to press mixture into the pan. Cut and serve when cooled. Enjoy!