By Lacey Newlin
Time: 4.5 hours
- 1 Lemon Lovers Pound Cake cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 2.7 oz box Dream Whip
- 3 cup very cold whole milk divided
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping OR 4 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp grated white chocolate
- Lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint for garnishing
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat the granulated sugar and lemon juice together. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved then set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whip together the Dream Whip [The box contains 2 envelopes—use both] and 2 cups of cold whole milk. Whip for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Add both packages of lemon pudding and the remaining 1 cup of whole milk. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- To assemble, divide the cubed cake in half. Begin with a layer of cubed cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Brush with 1/2 of the lemon syrup. Add a layer of lemon cream and 1/2 of the whipped topping. Repeat with cake, brush with lemon syrup, lemon cream ending with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate and garnish with lemon slice and fresh mint if desired.
- Chill thoroughly for at least 4 hours prior to serving.